Banana Rum Chocolate Chip Pound Cake
Published: 11/12/2009 by Kitchen Simplicity
There are so many ingredients in here that get my heart pumping with excitement. The cream cheese, sour cream, and bananas keep it ever so moist. The tropical flavours of rum and coconut keep it interesting. And the ooey gooey chocolate chips keep it comforting. Seriously, take a look at those ingredients and tell me that you do not want to run into the kitchen and make this immediately. Get to it!
2 1/4 cups flour
1 Tbsp. baking powder
1 tsp. baking soda
1/4 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. cinnamon
1/2 cup sour cream
1/2 cup cream cheese, softened
3/4 cup butter, softened
1 cup sugar
2 bananas, mashed
3/4 cup chocolate chips
1/2 cup finely shredded coconut
1/4 cup rum
1. Sift together flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and cinnamon. Set aside.
2. Combine sour cream and cream cheese. Set aside.
3. Cream together butter and sugar until fluffy. Add eggs one at a time, beating until incorporated.
4. Add 1/3 of the flour and mix until well combined. Add 1/3 cream cheese mixture and mix well. Continue alternating until all flour and cream cheese is incorporated.
5. Fold in bananas, chocolate chips, coconut and rum.
6. Pour into 2- 9Χ5 lightly oiled loaf pans. Bake at 350ΊF (180ΊC) for 30-40 min. or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
7. Let cool 10 min. in pan before removing to wire wracks to cool completely.
* Alternatively you can bake this in a 10 inch tube pan, but keep in mind that the cooking time will increase.
* If you do not wish to use real rum then by all means substitute it with a teaspoon or two of rum extract. But, PLEASE dont leave it out because it would just not be the same without it. Also make sure to add 1/4 cup of another liquid to make up for the missing rum.